Home

2007/05/29

Layoff Your Boss Wealth Creation System

It was like a dream.

A wonderful dream I'll not soon forget. Everything was happening in slow motion and it felt so surreal at the moment.

Dan, my 32 year old halfwit boss and son-in law of the company President, was walking my way with his eyes locked tight on me, as if he was predator and I was prey.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, Dan arrived at my desk. "Jeff", he said, "we need to talk right now!"

His breath reeked of coffee, a little Egg McMuffin hung off his goatee, and his wicked grin suggested he was ready to tear into me.

Dan took great pleasure in doling out his verbal punishment. He had no other obvious skills, so that was his "baby"... being a jerk and making his employee's lives miserable.

More in this in just a sec...

But first...

"Ah, glorious ClickBank..."

I arrived at the office at 9:15AM, 15 minutes late, which was no easy feat for me that Thursday.

My alarm never went off and at 8:30 I sprang awake already knowing that something was not right. When I rolled over and looked at the clock it hit me like a ten ton truck.

It was 8:30AM and I needed to be at work in a half an hour. And it took a half an hour just to get there with no traffic.

I didn't have time for a shower, and I didn't need the morning crew on the radio to remind me about the horrendous bumper to bumper traffic I was experiencing.

But... I got through it and made it to the office about 9:15AM.

You'd think I'd have been miserable when I sat down at my desk. But you'd be wrong.

You see, the first thing I did was hop on the Internet and check my ClickBank balance. I'm not someone that likes to brag, but let's just say that the balance gave me a smile a mile wide.

"Dan's throbbing vein..."

It was then that I saw Dan walking my way.

Lord he was enjoying what he was about to do. And it didn't take but seconds for him to begin. "Jeff", he said, "we need to talk right now!"

"You were 15 minutes late today Jeff." "That is entirely unacceptable."

"My father-in-law built this company from the ground up and he was able to do that by working hard...coming in early, and leaving late."

"So, perhaps you could pay us the respect of getting here on time and not just strolling in whenever you feel like it." The vein in his forehead was nearly purple and throbbing rhythmically along with his elevated voice.

"If I didn't think you'd slap me with an age discrimination suit I'd fire your lazy butt!" This brought gasps from every cubicle in a 20 foot radius.

Dan was a roll today.

Apparently his McDonalds stop before work had given him the energy he needed to take his assness to a whole 'nother level.

"Dan YOU'RE fired..."

After he completed his tirade, 10 minutes worth, I looked at him and smiled. He asked, "What's with the smile?" "Is that how you respond to me?"

I made sure I had his eyes locked to mine. I wanted this little monster to really feel what I was about to say.

"Dan", I said, "I've been working here for over 20 years and the job you have, you ONLY have because you happened to get the boss's daughter pregnant."

"In fact, your father-in-law promised it to me before you came along." "The only reason you're there and I'm here is because of that!" More gasps from the coffee clutch, and I could swear I heard the sound of someone spitting coffee on their computer...

I went on, "Dan, I would have worked for this company until I retired." "But thanks to you I've found a better way to live." "And Dan guess what... YOU'RE fired."

With that I stood up said one big goodbye to my fellow co-workers, people I had known for years, and proceeded to walk through the office, and right back out the front door.

"Prison break..."

I could feel the eyes on me and I knew that these poor folks wanted to come with me... they wished they could be doing what I just did.

It was as if I was being freed from prison, and they were left behind to serve hard time.

I got in my car, turned on the radio to my favorite classic rock station and The Who was knocking it out in full force, "Who are you..Who Who...Who Who...I really wanna know..."

As if in reply to Roger Daltry on the radio I said aloud, "My name is Jeff Wellman. I'm 52 years old and I am my own boss."

No longer a slave to the grind, I drove out to the golf course in town and played a quick 18। Life is good.



http://www.layoffyourboss.com

No comments: